Eesti Adventure

This Blog outlines my time in Europe, and attempts to keep family and friends everywhere apprised as to what I am doing with my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Vene Ball

Last night I went to a Russian Ball. This was an event held for the local Russian population. All the announcements and music and everything were in Russian. There was an enormous amount of dancing and singing. Everyone was having a great time. There were kids there who were incredibly good dancers. There were also grandparents who were having a great time watching everything. I wish I could post videos on this blog because photos do not do it justice. At one point they played a song with the melody of "Johnny B. Goode" the only people dancing were the people on the stage and the international students. I looked and counted, and yes there were six couples of international students dancing, and not a single Russian. I thought it was an interesting moment. There was also a lot of belly dancing. One belly dancer actually danced with a lit candelabra balanced on her head. All in all it was a very interesting night. We went home and made waffles. They were very tasty.


These girls were walking around, and they were available to take photos with. Kai and Mike both had their photo taken with these ladys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home