Eesti Adventure

This Blog outlines my time in Europe, and attempts to keep family and friends everywhere apprised as to what I am doing with my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

In Accordance With The Socialist Lifestyle.


This hammer and sickle are on the side of Carola's building on the Raekoja Plats. I think it is the only time that I have still seen the symbol here in Tartu. However, in the areas with large Russian populations (read Narva) it is very common to see many soviet monuments still in place. I noticed that some of these emblems on Carola's building have been torn down, but at least three still remain. I thought it was interesting, as this is not something one sees everyday in Colorado, or even at all. Today I handed in my passport for my Russian visa to go to St Petersburg. I am interested to see what degree of soviet influence still exists in the architecture there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home